Thursday, November 3, 2011

Teaching Ourselves

I was looking back at some things I had written my freshman year of college and I found this little note.  I wrote it on October 20th, 2009.  I think it's pretty cool how we can teach ourselves some pretty meaningful lessons sometimes.  I hope to share more little thoughts soon! :)


If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. Just as it is with life, if we have no pain or sorrow in some things, we may never experience the real power or the passion that comes with love and joy, or we may not recognize it when it comes. Not to say that I have enjoyed those times that are hard and at times unbearable, but I'm learning enough to appreciate what suffering can bring us, and what great joy can come from opposition in all areas of our lives. Just push through the hard times and find joy in the journey. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Shelby! you have such great insight! I was reading that in the scriptures today. In 2 Ne Ch.2 it talks about having opposition in all things and your name came to my mind. Without the bad, we cannot know the sweet. I'm so glad you are feeling the sweetness of life right now, you deserved it!
    Hanna says "I love you, have fun." Bubba says "I luyou. Fun, byebye! Hi elpy!"
    Ha close enough right?!

    ReplyDelete